Karen Munzer, Esq.
Karen Munzer is an attorney and mediator currently offering services in the areas of family law, consumer bankruptcy, and foreclosure defense for property owners. Ms. Munzer's wide range of professional experience encompasses:
- Real Estate Law: Foreclosure Defense, Loan Modifications, Short Sales, Deeds in Lieu, Drafting Commercial Leases and Buy-Sell Agreements, Landlord-Tenant Issues, Closings. Licensed Real Estate Agent.
- Family Law: Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce), Child Custody and Visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support (Alimony), Dependency, Adoption, Guardian Ad Litem.
- Consumer Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 Liquidation and Chapter 13 "Wage Earner's" Bankruptcy.
- Employment Law: Trial Preparation and Litigation of Title VII/ Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act(FLSA), and Retaliation Cases. Review of Severance and Employment Contracts.
- Wills and Trusts: Wills, Trusts, and Probate.
Ms. Munzer is a certified arbitrator, a skilled negotiator, and a seasoned litigator. In addition, she is a Supreme Court-certified civil circuit mediator, which enables the courts to refer civil cases to her for resolution, including foreclosure matters. Her experience in a broad range of dispute resolution methods allows her to offer clients the best resolution method for their particular cases and needs.
Ms. Munzer graduated cum laude from Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey with a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry. She went on to take nursing classes from the University of Miami School of Nursing, where she earned a Henry Stanford Scholarship and was a member of the prestigious non-profit Golden Key Honour Society. During and after nursing school, Ms. Munzer worked as a medical and surgical nurse, and was later employed as an adjunct faculty member in the Broward Community College Wellness Department.
After nursing school, Ms. Munzer obtained her Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, graduating cum laude in the top 5% of her class. While in law school, she was a member of the National Moot Court, and participated in the Law Review. In addition, she worked as a law clerk for a Federal Judge in Social Security law and as a summer associate in medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Prior to starting her own practice in 1990, Ms. Munzer assisted in real estate transactions, foreclosures, and commercial litigation, and was of counsel at a premier employment law and personal injury firm. In addition, she also provided pro bono foreclosure defense services for indigent Florida families.
When not helping clients resolve their legal issues, Ms. Munzer enjoys wildlife photography, teaching Pilates and yoga, and painting. In addition, she is currently enrolled as a graduate student in a weekend MBA program offered by Nova Southeastern University.
- M.B.A., Nova Southeastern University, pending
- J.D., cum laude, Nova Southeastern University
- B.S., cum laude, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Nursing, University of Miami School of Nursing